Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Journal Entry: First Week of School

Hello everyone! Hope you all are having a great week so far. This week is going by so fast, I can’t believe we’re already in September.

Last week, classes began for me. I only attend class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, which isn’t bad. I just really hate commuting. I have class tomorrow, and I’m already debating whether or not I should show up.

I get out of class at 4 PM, and that’s when everybody and their moms are on the highway driving. I hate driving in general, but I especially hate driving past 3 PM because I always feel like I’m going to get into another car accident. I’m traumatized from last year. I got into two car accidents within six months, and now I feel like I drive with so much anxiety on the highway.

Anyways, last week was pretty rough because I had a trip planned, and I spent my time preparing for it just for my parents to cancel it. Which left me devastated and distraught. SO much so that my left eye swelled up, was red, and was hurting from feeling so agitated. I have viral keratitis in my left eye, and I often get these flare-ups whenever I’m feeling stressed, uneasy, exposed to certain chemicals from cleaning products, around lots of dust, or even sometimes during my menstrual cycle. I’m already taking medication daily to prevent these flare-ups, so I’m surprised I had an episode over the weekend, but it’s gone now.

I’m actually excited about my classes this semester. I’m taking six classes when I normally take four. I’m trying to graduate in Summer 2027 or, at the latest, Fall 2027, so I have to take six classes for the next two semesters. I think for my last semester, I need to earn my final three credits through an internship. I’m almost done OMGGGGGG! I can’t wait to graduate, even though the job market is shitty right now. I’m just soooo over school.

Two of my classes are in person, and four are online. I’m a healthcare administration major, and it’s in the College of Business. I finally finished my business prerequisites last semester, so I’m finally taking classes that are geared toward my major, and I’m having fun so far learning about the U.S. healthcare system.

Y’all... get rich and stay healthy because it’s not looking good. Did y’all know that the Biden administration (2021) passed a pro-competition executive order requiring hospitals to post how much they charge for services, and only 30% of hospitals posted it because all the other hospitals, 70% were mostly committing fraud? Also, my professor told us that UnitedHealthcare, a health insurance company, denied like 80% of the treatment for their cancer patients, and I have UnitedHealthcare 🫩. And in order to comfortably afford Medicare/health insurance after you retire at 65, you need to have retired with $2.7 million. Guess how much the average American retires with? Only $250,000.

So yeah... stay healthy and get your money up because these health corporations just want money.

Anyways, y’all, I’m going to end the post here. Let me know how your week went and if you’re in school.

BYEEEEEEE 💕



Forgot to mention, I went to Miami with my cousin and siblings. 

4 comments:

  1. Me encanta tu forma de escribir!!!
    Que buena suerte que solo tienes clases dos días a la semana, supongo que seria horrible que tuvieras mas días, aun que llevar 6 materias ya es una carga mas grande.
    Espero que logres superar tu miedo a conducir y que regules tus niveles de ansiedad, te lo dice alguien que también tiene un tipo de alergia que le surge en momentos de estrés e incomodidad. Suerte en tu semestre!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ¡Hola! Muchísimas gracias :) Uff, las alergias son muy molestas. Conducir en Florida es una locura; hay muchos conductores que van rápido y hacen tonterías, jaja.😭🩷

    ReplyDelete
  3. such pretty writing and tiktok!! love it. https://minasbeautifulmess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete